1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, did the other side today with the same cracking results on the roundel....bummer....well won't be hard to fix...

Attachments

• 208_Lower Wing decals-Stbd_2596.jpg
    208_Lower Wing decals-Stbd_2596.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 103
Beautiful detail on the kit wing, Wayne, which you've brought out beautifully. I'm particularly impressed that they moulded the hinges for the ammo hatches! I had some of the same problems with the decals going over the vents on the HobbyBoss kit but managed to disguise the rips.

Cheers,

Gerry

Very, very nice job, Wayne!
In my humble opinion the best solution when roundels go around some protruding details is to paint those roundels, specially if they aren't too intricate in design.
Alberto

Thanks for your comments guys...tried a bit of Tamiya gloss royal blue on the roundels today possibly a tad dark...will review it tomorrow and decide if i should lighten it a bit.

While doing the prop markings for the Zero, did the Spitty markings as well, 2 small decals at the base of each blade and another stripe on the rear of the blades...

Attachments

• 209_Prop decals-front_2713.jpg
    209_Prop decals-front_2713.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 210_Closeup_2718.jpg
    210_Closeup_2718.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 211_Prop Decals-Rear_2716.jpg
    211_Prop Decals-Rear_2716.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 76
Looking verrrry sharp Wayne.
I keep wondering, were the tips really painted both sides?
Not much reason for the pilot to see the tips spinning round.

Looking verrrry sharp Wayne.
I keep wondering, were the tips really painted both sides?
Not much reason for the pilot to see the tips spinning round.

At the risk of pre-empting a more comprehensive reply from Wayne or Terry - yes, they were painted on both sides. I must go back to my reference shots and see if I can identify any that weren't. Remember, mechanics could still be tuning the engines while the props were turning.

Gerry

Yep, tip safety markings on both sides of all props, as ground crew could be between prop and wing at any time. The stripes were calibration markings.

Now the Zero is done I will continue on with the Spitty in parallel with the New GB.

did some starboard upper wing subtle panel line work today....

Attachments

• 212_Panel lines upper-Port Wing_3132.jpg
    212_Panel lines upper-Port Wing_3132.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 213_panel Lines Upper-port Wing_130.jpg
    213_panel Lines Upper-port Wing_130.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back