1/32 Tamiya Birdcage Corsair with Resin P&W R-2800 engine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,

Thanks;)

Small progress...
Time to work the same way on the windshield.

dsc04829.jpg

dsc04830.jpg

Test fitting.

dsc04831.jpg

Pascal

Hello there,

Thank you Mates:oops:

Tiny update.
In order to definitively close the fuselage and install the center wing box, the latest additions are underway.
It is therefore necessary to finalize the cockpit and the engine to have no surprise during assembly of the firewall.
This last determines the successful integration of the entire front section.
The motor is thus completed to 98%:

dsc04832.jpg

dsc04833.jpg

dsc04834.jpg

Some details still need to be added before a light "aging" and installation of reinforcement arms of the lower window:

dsc04835.jpg

More shortly ...

pascal8)

Hi,

Thanks ;)

Small progress, but progress.

I was not really satisfied with the cockpit because of the details I had decided not to represent ... were missing!
So I removed the support of the hydraulic system to add connections and pipes.
It seems a bit raw at the moment but once painted, it will look better.

Fittings .031 "and .038"
0.3 cables pipes, 0.5, 0.6.

dsc04837.jpg

dsc04838.jpg

dsc04839.jpg

dsc04840.jpg

That's it.

pascal

Hi,

Thanks a lot Guys!!

The cockpit is now enclosed in the fuselage.
I finalized the stick adding the conduct of the "funnel". Hard to see with the center wing box in place, but I will try to take a picture tomorrow.
Lower window reinforcements are also installed, painted and slightly weatheredas well as the "bottom" of the cockpit.
The pipes have all well took their place: Cool!

dsc04842.jpg

dsc04843.jpg

Next step : Maybe weathering the wheel wells

dsc04844.jpg

I also paint the internal frames of the windshield and canopy.
Green for the first, to have the cockpit color on the lower area of the transparent part:

dsc04846.jpg

Still need to install the flap control handle on the left side, straddling the transparent part and fuselage.
Tamiya part is misplaced in my opinion. Eduard seems to have made ​​the same error on the new resin cockpit ...

The canopy is equipped with its opening handles , slightly visible at the moment, and receives a coat of zinc chromate.

dsc04845.jpg

The under layer will allow a possible additional small effect in the weathering process...
I know it is not really consistent in terms of color (maybe hue is the right term? Sorry for my poor English...), but ...

More soon.

pascal

Last edited:
Good evening,

Progress but few pictures.
After bonding the two halves of body, the bead is removed with a* blade.
A very rapid transition from abrasive in places enough to guarantee a good surface finish, no filler.
A slight darker line at the junction area is sometimes perceptible, but it is that the weld of melted plastic.

dsc04847.jpg

dsc04848.jpg

dsc04849.jpg

Exhausts were drilled, refined and covered with a thin layer of "cockpit black":

dsc04850.jpg

Very thin layer of Alclad Black Primer in anticipation of the "Airframe alu" underlayer :

dsc04851.jpg

The inside of the glass parts are partially weathered:

dsc04852.jpg

These tasks have been an opportunity to try one of the last painting tools:

dsc04853.jpg

I start to stock up in anticipation of the next ... Corsair

dsc04854.jpg

More soon.

Pascal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back