1/48 Academy Spitfire XIVe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, finally after having relocated unpacked the house, I've finished the Spit. Unfortunately no pics in progress since last time as I finished this (and the Italeiri XVIe) when working away from home and without my camera.

The kit is OOB with the exception of some eduard seatbelts (which are soooo nice). A nice straightforward build and the flaws of the kit are well documented elsewhere. Still looks nice in the line up.

Over to you...

DSC_0017_3.jpg

DSC_0018_3.jpg

DSC_0019_3.jpg

DSC_0020_3.jpg

DSC_0023_3.jpg

DSC_0024_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice indeed mate! Think I might treat myself to one of these, looks more accurate than their high-backed MkXIV.

Beautifully done!

I have a ton of Haynes books for cars, I had NO idea they had them on planes too.

They released the Spit and Lanc manuals as a tie in with the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. A good read to pass a few minutes and I'm sure they'll come in handy whenever I get around to buying either aircraft...:p:p:p

I think they've just released a Tiger Moth manual as well!

I'm just putting this here for posterity, for anyone else doing one of these in the future. They really did paint these things in the field with brushes and buckets, at least sometimes. The paint jobs were not nearly as perfect as they remembered as being. They were much more sloppy often. Slapping on! Rough edges! Looked like crap basically! Airbrush? We did not know you! :)

3b263c5ee2f9d78a515e2bb2acabdaaa.jpg

Miss you already clown-boy. Just putting this here for posterity, for anyone else doing one of these in the future; some were laid out very neatly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back