1/48 Academy Spitfire XIVe

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Angels one-five

Airman 1st Class
Jun 29, 2009
Salisbury, UK
Finally managed to get around to starting! It will be finished as a SEAC machine. Here are some progress pictures.

Kit seat with Eduard PE seatbelts:

CSC_0004.jpg

Instrument Panel:

CSC_0006.jpg

Fitted in the fuselage:

DSC_0008.jpg

And from another angle:

DSC_0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments guys.

Managed to grab a little time tonight and cracked on. It's my first Academy model, and I was very impressed with the fit of parts. there's going to be very little filler required I think.... (fingers crossed!). Here are some progress pics

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

I've placed the transparency in the starboard side, as that will be painted over as per the aircraft I'm modelling. The port side will be glazed with krystal klear after finishing (hopefully revealing the camera in the process). That's probably as far as I'm gonna get for a little while as I'm moving house next week; I'll probably be able to sand and fill where required and apply a quick coat of primer, but detail parts and final painting will have to wait until the house is unpacked (if I want to keep my long-haired chief of staff sweet:D)

Well I managed to get some filling and primer done tonight. Very little filler required on the kit, it goes together really easily. I'm quite happy with the progress so far, but I think that will be it for a couple of weeks now:|

DSC_0001_3.jpg

DSC_0002_4.jpg

DSC_0003_3.jpg

Yes you are right.The primer is one of the best I have ever seen. However there is a need of being careful with a spraying distance from a painting subject. THX for info.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back