AIRFIX 1:48 Spitfire PR.XIX Kit #A05119

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
This won't be as fast as my last "weekend" kit. Still looking for info. I've seen the museum aircraft which show a black cockpit but the late Edgar Brooks said, as this was a war-time built aircraft (Jan. '45), the innards would still be grey green. What I still need to find is the wheel well/landing gear/gear cover colours. I've seen camo colour, interior green and aluminum. There is also flash to deal with on the small parts. The innards....

IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

I believe the flare rack needs to be removed

IMG_0006.jpg

While I will be doing PS888, it won't be "The Last". I want to build it as it was before it was sold to Thailand which means the rear camo demarcation needs to be moved up over the camera opening and it won't have the whacking great Buzz Numbers under the wings

IMG_2797.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Packing day so I'm doing fiddly bits. The seat harnesses are by Lion Roar and by fiddly I mean fiddly and bendy. Two nubs now noticed to file away

IMG_0002.JPG

And speaking of fiddly, nice attachment placement. I guess Airfix didn't want to take a chance that it would get dislodged by a dozer during shipping

IMG_0007.JPG

Not much more to do before the bus comes. I might attempt the three parts per side lap harnesses but I think I can get away with out the bendiness this time. Have a good week gents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back