1/48 Bf 109G-6 7./JG53 "Seemann" Untoffz Georg Amon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys! While on vacation I picked up a 1/48 Hasegawa G-6 boxed as an Italian G-4, that comes with resin parts to make it as such. It doesn't have instructions though, so if somebody's got the plans for this kit, a scan would be greatly appreciated! However the decals are that nasty cream colour so they're useless, so I've decided to do "Seemann" since I have those decals laying around. What I plan on doing is putting the kit in a Verlinden Luftwaffe Revetment that I'd forgotten I had. Inside the set it comes with a Flak 38, a couple German airfield carts as well as a pilot and 2 ground crew figures. I also have an Opel fuel truck, though it may not fit nicely (or accurately) with the setup.

One big question about the aircraft itself is whether or not it had the underwing gondolas. I've seen profiles with and without them, so I'm not sure what's more correct, as I haven't found a photo of the entire plane itself, just the area around the art.

Here are some photos.

profil_109_G-6white9amon.jpg

My decal sheet (Aeromaster) has the spinner as being RLM70 and white, but segmented, not in a spiral.

Bf109Seemann_ICR1.jpg

43937d1299772768t-7-jg-53-seemann-01.jpg

Here ya go Cory. Re the gondolas, it's possible these were fitted in the field and that the aircraft flew with and without them. These really bogged down the 109 and pilots weren't big fans.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 306
Cory, white 9 does not have the gondola's in one primary pic I have, yet quite a number of G-6's in III/JG53 did have them so it is possible at one time or another they were used.

Cory,

I've got a sheet with all them 'cartoon aircraft', White 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 9. It says that artwork is thought to have something to do with pilots nicknames, anecdotes or 'in' jokes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back