1/48 Bristol Beaufighter MkVI - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic, yes, the main gear struts were normally painted in 'Aluminium', but could also be more of a greyish silver, and sometimes painted over in matt black, which often showed signs of wear and chipping.

I am looking forward to this one as well. I have that kit in the stash. I hope I can learn a few things from this build.
Dale

found this, thought it mught help !

beau.jpg

Yes I have paid my attention to that. The "K" X8079 (X6089) plane is said to be the Mk.VIc but the "V" one the Mk.Ic. The problem is the serial of the "V" Beau. It is stated in the caption it was T5048 but it might have been either T5038 ot T5028 that belonged to 252 Squadron rather .

The SAM datafile on the Beaufighter mentions that T9068 was never allocated to a Beaufighter.

Last edited:
And other shots of Malta Beau...

272Sqdn3.jpg

272Sqdn4.jpg

272Sqdn1.jpg

272Sqdn6.jpg

Last edited:
many thanks Wojtek , or should i say dziekuje bardzo

Lots to go on there

Mostly messing with my dora at the mo but i have started washing the parts prepping and making up the instructions so i hope to post some early pics soon

Last edited:
This one is from the SAM guide. Note that, even though the tail planes are horizontal, it's still a MkVI. These can be done by swapping port for starboard, and turning upside down(!). Might need a bit of filler, but it works - I did the opposite on my 1/32nd scale effort.

Attachments

• Beau Profile 3.jpg
    Beau Profile 3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 459

Users who are viewing this thread

Back