1/48 Canadian Sabre, "Fireball" Aerobatic Team :)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I guess I'll take a vote eh 3 options for the decals, I'm eyeing Mitch's Squitch, flown by the same John W.Mitchell that led the attack on Yamamoto's aircraft
I'd like to do a narrow wing with the slats, to keep with the theme, but.......it is possible that the aircraft is a narrow chord slatted wing (its an F-86F-10).
It had been delivered near the end of the war, so it might have been converted to a 6'3 wing.
Does anyone have any more info. Or know anything else about the aircraft?

The other two, "Dottie" (F-30)and Battlin Bootsie (F-1) definatly received (or already had) the 6'3 wing when they received their markings

What do you guys think, would Mitch's Squitch have remained with the narrow chord wing with slats or convert to the 6'3?

A 4th Option would be to do a aircraft similar to Dottie, but find a narrow chord fighter in the squadron and edit the numbers and markings to match, the only issue there is the pilot's names on the canopy, I could be able to scratch build some names, but not all

It is coming, after a couple more models to finish first I was out for 5 months due to work
First that bf-109g-6, update the thread, then some work on her hopefully

I'll say I'm doing one of the Korean Schemes as soon as the bf-109G-6 is done, but don't fear I've got a F-86 kit in the stash for this beautiful Canadian bird.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread