1/48 DeHavilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brucejscott

Staff Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Williamsport, Pa
Username - brucejscott
First Name - Bruce
Category - Intermediate
Scale - 1/48
Manufacturer - Airfix
Model Type - DeHavilland Sea Vixen FAW.2
Aftermarket Parts - Eduard cockpit etch and True Detail seats
Decals - kit

The workbench has been given its ritual cleaning, a fresh cup of coffee has been poured and inspirational viewing material ( Victory at Sea ) has been popped into the benchtop DVD. Time to commence with this beast...

100_1300_640x480.JPG

...And what a beast it is. This thing is MASSIVE!

100_1301_640x480.JPG

100_1302_640x480.JPG

...with an equally large decal sheet. I will be doing the 893 NAS machine from the HMS Victorious, 1966.

100_1303_640x480.JPG

I will be starting this a little bass-ackwards as the parts for the cockpit STILL have not arrived from Roll Models. Got an E-Mail today that they were shipped but it will still be next week before they show. I shall start then with the booms. Pictures soon. Thanks for looking.

Great choice Bruce! I've been wanting to see this one built, and been very tempted to get the kit myself, even though I'm not 'in' to Navy aircraft usually.
I'm planning on getting to the Newark Air Museum in early September, so I'll try to get some detail shots of their fine example for you - weather permitting!
Meanwhile, another bit of inspiration - the Newark example a couple of years ago.

Attachments

• C Fest 050.jpg
    C Fest 050.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 152
I'll see what I can do Bruce. When possible, if staff available, they'll open up aircraft especially. If they can, I'll hav to let my mate get most of the shots, as i doubt I'd be able to climb the l;adder to the cockpit or observer's hatch!
Have a look at this site first, there's a lot of good pics, then let me know if there's anything specific you'd like me to get:-
Thunder Lightnings - de Havilland Sea Vixen - Walkaround Photos

Thanks Wayne, Terry, Paul, Vic, Jan ( I'm getting on with it ), Jerry and George. Terry, GREAT website! Perfect! I'm finally getting some work done. Worked 12.5 hrs Friday and 13.5 hrs Saturday. Pager seems to be quiet today. Popped in "Dr. Strangelove" for some inspiration and got started. Pics soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back