**** DONE: 1/72 De Havilland Sea Venom FAW 53 – Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice to see you back Michael, trust the move went okay and glad you're good with the tax department, I suspect GST refund problem on the home build.Looking forward to the pics as well.

OT, but happy to explain. nothin so exotic....no, this year there is a new version of the return which rattled me a bit (I am such a cheapskate I do my own tax returns). Even as an average Joe PAYG taxpayer, you now have to make fairly complex declarations about "attributable personal services income" which I misunderstood, and ended up reporting my taxable income twice. The result was that my notice of assessment showed my income as exactly double what it should be.

The ATO has been pretty good about it really, I dont have any complaints there. They spent about an hour on the phone explaining what i needed to do (I had to lodge a "Request For Amendment to Personal income Details" form, and went through step by step on what I had to do and say. I was assigned a case officer, and it all went pretty smoothly...so far. The request has been lodged and the ATO officer has advised that there should be no problem in getting my assessment revised. however, once in this sort of mess, it takes time to get out of it, and the ATO definately likes to take its time in these things. It will take a mandatory 56 days to get the notice of assessment revised.

The main battle I have had is with the Social Services people...."Centrelink". With a newborn child and just one wage, and all this carbon tax rebate stuff and such, on my real income, I was eligible for some assistance from Centrelink. But they base their reviews on my ATO assessment of income, and at the moment and for the next 56 days that wont change. Centrlink take a no prisoners on social security issues,and had given me just 14 days to repay what they belive I owe them. Very nasty, I can tell you. Ive managed to convince thgem for the moment that they need to hold until the review of my assessed income is complete, but they are hard to make listen I can assure you. And they have intervention powers that I can only describe as.....disturbing.

I am assured and am confident that the problem is going to be fully solved, but i have no choice but to wait it out whilst "on the rack" so to speak......

Maybe now I will finally employ a tax agent from next year......

Tax guys cost no more than like 50-100 bucks if your taxes are really simple here in Canada but then again for that money it pays to do it yourself, not sure how its down there but here they also take no mercy on if you screw up your income tax :( usually if the goverment should be giving you money for anything its best to just pay the tax guy to do your taxes for you.

The only problem is finding a good one. We had like 3 tax guys before we found our good guy, but unfortunatley he passed away a couple years ago way too soon for his age, and now I'm seriously considering doing it myself this year.

I just don't want to end up in a situation similar to yours Parsifal, I read your post and was like "holly :O, this would make a good horror film for the tax Oscars, with just a bit of changes" I just hate waiting for anything :(

I know that its been more than a year since I posted on this, and the competition has long ended. ive been told though that I can finish and post a "finished" thread for this model once Ive finished.

im please to report that I have restarted. The undercarriage flaps are on, Ive painted the HVAR rockets and the launch rails, and ive applied the underwing decals (except the kangaroo part of the roundels)

I need to apply decal sealant and then the final part of the decals, and apply the rockets and then I could declare it finished. However I found a really neat way of altering the undercarriage detail and might detour to sctach build the hydraulic lines and linkages for the landing gear. I was thinnking of using 8A fuse wire for the lines and some spare tubular styrene for the hydraulic linkages. Will make a decision tonite.

When I get home I will post some update photos.

Here are a few photos of what I found

Attachments

• Undercarriage detail 1.png
    Undercarriage detail 1.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Undercarriage detail II.png
    Undercarriage detail II.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Undercarriage detail III.png
    Undercarriage detail III.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Undercarriage detail V.png
    Undercarriage detail V.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 113
Ive decided not to mess with the undercart...too much risk, but ive pretty much finished and reqady to post. these are the finished shots i intend to submit

Attachments

• 102_2492.jpg
    102_2492.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 85
  • 102_2493.jpg
    102_2493.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 102_2494.jpg
    102_2494.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 102_2495.jpg
    102_2495.jpg