1/48 F-86 Sabre - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
Username, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Category, Intermediate
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Revell-ogram
Type, North American F-86
Aftermarket, none, except decals for "The Huff". And, possibly, bit of foil.

I love the F-86.
Really, I do.
All that lovely alluminium. I will be putting on some panels of foil, just to mix things up.
"The Huff", though, is a real example of "Nose Art". No naked girls here, just a dragon.
Huffing on stuff.
Circa 1953.
I wish that Revell would stop putting their mark on the models like they do. It was a Monogram kit, in the first place, but, Damn it!
Seriously?!
Couldn't they brand this thing inside?!?
Do they not know that this is not a toy, and that there are real modelers out here!!!
O.k., sorry, I got carried away.

Allright, I have calmed down now.
f861.jpg

f862.jpg

f863.jpg

Last edited:
Good choice.

I have one of them on me list to build as well. My bl00dy list is growwwwwing! Bernie's Bo, Bob Loves F-86 from Korea, he was an ace.

I will be watching Paul.

Rawr!!! I feel your pain Paul for these re-boxed kits you end up buying something more expensive sometimes because you think its a better kit, only to find it is a rebox with cool new decals or something :D

Good one Paul. I agree about the trade mark positions too - rather silly, even though Revell and monogram are the same company, with a complex 'trade name' background.

You got a good one there Paul……………………………..so maybe you can turn the trade name into a bit of art!!

b0227.gif

The plastic is brittle and not at all like the classic Monogram kit. There are several things that are not the same, as I remember, but there are lots of things that I don't remember.
Like most of the '80's....
f866.jpg

Purrrr :) looking Perrrrfect :D :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back