1/48 F-86 Sabre - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is progress on this one.
(still pissed about the Stuka!)

f868.jpg

Looking good Paul. The Sabre, Super Sabre, Gnat, Hunter and EE Lightning are some of the best looking jets ever produced, I think, along with the Mirage III.
Found those parts for you Paul, and I'll get them sent Air Mail on Wednesday - can't get to the Post Office before then I'm afraid.

Thank you, Terry! The parts will probably arrive as soon as I am done with the foil applications. some progress as to that.

f869.jpg

f8610.jpg

Tail of the repainted Stuka in the shots.

Good stuff!
Don't know if these are any good for detail areas, but I'll post them anyway.
This is an early F-86,with the 'V' windscreen, at the Midland Air Museum, and I think it might be sprayed overall in 'silver', which of course is not the normal finish for your period, unless it's very weathered bare metal, which it might be. But the stencils etc might help, and the 'FOD' guard is in place, although I think this might be a non-standard version.

Attachments

• Midland Air Museum 202.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 202.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Midland Air Museum 203.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 203.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Midland Air Museum 204.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 204.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Midland Air Museum 214.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 214.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Midland Air Museum 215.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 215.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 92
Thanks, Terry!
I've seen pictures of Sabres with shiny bits, and then again, I've seen Sabres all dull.
I figure I will go for something in the middle.

Thanks, Terry!
I've seen pictures of Sabres with shiny bits, and then again, I've seen Sabres all dull.
I figure I will go for something in the middle.
Yep, same here. Mainly bare alloy, with stainless steel and 'shiny' panels here and there, and, of course, the greyish center panel on the main wings.

I think the Sabre above is a Canadian bird... :D

The British converted some F-86E type sabres into E(M) without the slats.

I know Yugoslavia had an order for them and Argentina received some, along with some other South American countries after.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back