1/48 F-86 Sabre - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks to Terry for the nifty FOD guards that showed up today via the "Royal Mail" (and the good old USPS also).

You been away from this one longer than I was from my Havoc.
You comin back on it soon eh? I used my Canadian accent there eh!

Shades of Strange Brew.

Great minds think alike!
I pulled this build out today, after reading Terry's thoughts on how we all treat the G.B. situation.
Decided to finish it ASAP, as it were. Anyways, I finally got the moxie up to place the dragon!

f861.jpg

Damn, that camera does show imperfections!

Thank you George!
I am an idiot about some things, and that is a fact!
My computer machine crashed week before last; would you mind sending the decal placement instructions again?
Specifically, where do those "lightning bolts" go?

If you need the decal instructions I can send them to you. I have this kit in my pile too (academy "The Huff") :D mu hahahahah :D
but you'll have to wait till tomorrow since I'm going to bed now lol :D :)

Looking really nice.

Did the Academy decals give you any trouble? It seems amazing the way they laid down on the kit :)

Who's gonna know if you get them outta place? Not me........
Amazing how many the US planes had onnem, and how few the Aussies used. "Cockpit" "jet intake" "jet exhaust".... done. :)

Time to dust this one off and get it finished. Thanks to all for the nice words expressed earlier!
I broke the starboard landing gear and fixed it with a wire insert for strength. and then left it to cure. I figure a month was good. Still sketchy about the gear though...

f861.jpg

f862.jpg

Looks really nice :D :)

Aye the gear is a bit flimsy, there is an older model of this kit and a newer, the newer has much better gears vs the older version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back