1/48 F-86 Sabre - Aircraft Nose Art GB. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you need the pictures I have like 50 books on this bird lol :D

Have you really got enough Igor...room for more....? :D

Sadly no, but I could squish in another 4-5 Sabre kits.

I've got like 2 Academy in 1/48 (I had 6 but I gave out 4 to friends lol), 3 Revel in 1/48 and one little teeny 1/72 Academy, that could probably be entered into this GB lol I love "Mike's Bird" but Academy's decals are sometimes scary :S :D

The more Sabres the better ! :D

Oh the books, most are PDF now lol I still have the hard copies in my storage room :D I'd be surprised if I don't own every sabre book within the last couple from 60 to 90, I shouldn't make that claim lol since there are a ton of books on the Yugoslavian Sabre that I can't track down. Most of the material for actual modeling and the Korean war I have :D

That reminds me, Yugoslavian Shark Sabre....I still have those decals for it :D but its probably a squadron logo lol

Last edited:
Well, here she is sitting in her own three legs. It only took about 1 oz. of lead in the front to make it happen.
Masked up and ready for paint.

f867.jpg

It's starting to look like a real Saber! Good one.

Is your right eye dominant? Or does the camera shoot to the left a bit??? :)

It's starting to look like a real Saber! Good one.

Is your right eye dominant? Or does the camera shoot to the left a bit??? :)
Might be paralax - the viewfinder being offset from the lens. At normal shooting distances, it's not a problem, but the closer you get to the subject, the more the degree of offset is affected.
It's looking good Paul. Forgot to ask - as I remember it, this kit has a 'blanked off' air intake, being 'solid' inside. I've got a spare 'FOD' guard for both intake and jet pipe, from my Academy kits, if you want a set?

But I'm presuming the air intake is still 'blank' inside, with a moulded 'wall' as part of the kit (the lead behind this), about 1/4 inch inside, where it should be open trunking, passing beneath the cockpit, with the bottom section of the engine's fan just visible? (although I know the kit doesn't have the engine.).
The 'FOD' guard sits just inside the intake, almost, but not quite flush with the rim, and is moulded like the real thing, with the handles on either side etc, as is the tail 'FOD' guard. If you want them, just bung me a PM with an address, and I'll get them on the next passing pigeon!
I have two sets, one from an already built kit which I didn't use, and another from a kit in the 'stash', which I doubt I'll be using.

Got your PM and replied Paul. They'll be on 'Pigeon Air' flight 208, sometime on Monday! If I find anything else 'Sabre related' which I think might be useful, I'll bung them in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back