1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, you guys sure know how to put the pressure on!
Woj, thanks for all that, makes a big difference.

Them's ref pictures from Woj up there.

After looking at the wing mismatch of the dies I thought I would use the wings from the Classic A-frames kit.
But to my surprise..... they are no better. Astonishing, I thought the CA wings would be spot on from the other kit I built. This is shades of the F3F I built and the wing problem there. Seems All the sprue is the same for both of these kits, one no better than the other. Just added floats to this one.

Attachments

• GB22 2a.jpg
    GB22 2a.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 109
  • GB22 2b.jpg
    GB22 2b.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 71
Yes!

Center of the lower wings has to be cleaned up of sludge in the corner where fuselage meets. But only one side?
Wing fit at fuselage is debatable to be called a Fit.
Added styrene to side of fusie at wing to fill the gap. I have done some filling and shaping of leading edges. Fitted ailerons of lower wing and you can see some ribbing added to cockpit interior as cockpit frame is a seperate assembly inserted complete.
Floats are together, finish sanded. Some panel lines did not match up and needed filling and rescribing. No biggee.

I sailor on.
Deciding what to do with cockpit framing under pilot seat, as there is no floor under the seat which is mounted to frame tubing.

Attachments

• GB22 3a.jpg
    GB22 3a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 107
  • GB22 3b.jpg
    GB22 3b.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 94
  • GB22 3c.jpg
    GB22 3c.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 107
  • GB22 3d.jpg
    GB22 3d.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 119
Got a few things going.
Have filled the gap at the wing join at the fusey, as well as fitting the ailerons.

Because I wanted to open the floor part to be only frame I couldn't attach the back wall to the floor so I had to fit and attach to the fuselage, then file at fit to the port side inside. I've attached the resin seat, has belts molded in. The starboard side tube frame has been de-flashed and fitted with throttle quadrant and trim crank?

Working on the port tube frame, and it's attachments.

BTW................. by the diagrams for the sprue on the instructions, parts are listed as from sprue C, in the build steps they are shown to be on sprue B.............. Duh!
I also wonder if Paul found the surface finish on a lot of parts like they were gouged with a wire brush? A lot of sanding to smooth a lot of parts surface areas.....

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 4B.jpg
    GB22 4B.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 77
  • GB22 4A.jpg
    GB22 4A.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Back