1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Paul.

I'll be back onner in a couple of days. The P-51 needs to be complete for our June 28 meeting and it's going quicker than expected.
So I'll be picking on the Heinkel again.

So today trying to complete the cockpit. Adding some things on the sides, trim crank, throttle quad, stuff. Painting the IP and seat belts to the seat.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 7a.jpg
    GB22 7a.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 104
  • GB22 7b.jpg
    GB22 7b.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 102
Thanks fellas.
Cut the elevators lose this morning. So now all the control surface can be set a little skewiff. I just like that element of movement. Now I can put the fuselage together..... oh, After I put the control stick in of course.

I wonder why there was no Rod between the top wing and lower wing ailerons?????? Sure would be easier than getting four internal wires set up.

Speaking of wires. I will be drilling for the stiffining wires before attching wings and floats!

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 8.jpg
    GB22 8.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 87
Thanks David.

And I did a little cleaning of the exhaust stacks. Close up they look a little dodgey, but they'll be okay on the plane.

Cleaning the othger parts, prepping to install.

Attachments

• GB22 9.jpg
    GB22 9.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 103
Don't realy have anything else to go by with floats except oon the box cover. So unless I can find another scheme, but then it would be a matter of decals!!!

So this morning I'm back onner.Yesterday my ear and my arm were the sh!ts, slept most of the day with a slight fever.

Cleaned off the wing strut bits. Added some styrene for the compass on the bottom side of the top wing at the cut-out. When I squared off the engine cover and the sheet metal of the front of the cockpit it was short. So I added some styrene sheet to the rear of the cowling, then shaped it. I may have to take a sliver off to get the front to match.......

I've seen a photo where there were humps for the guns behind the engine cowling....... Anyone seen this as well?

I want to add rivets to the pontoons, now I gotta get a rivet spacer template...... Just needs that detail

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 10a.jpg
    GB22 10a.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 98
  • GB22 10b.jpg
    GB22 10b.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Back