1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

When I picked it up......... After it was glued on............ sadly, I noticed it, and just couldn't let it go.
Like the upper wing of my F3F.

I've got it sorted now. In fact, the leading edge was not straight across either.

Same here. Reminds me of an uncle who used to point out to everyone, with a tape measure that one 20ft(6.096m) long wall was actually 20ft 1inch(6.123m) at the top:lol:

I hadn't noticed it untill I picked it up and looked at the tgop view, casually! Then it struck me odd. But the wing was not flat in the leading edge either, compounding the oddness!

New wing is on, leading edge straight, and is all squared up.

The struts in the center looked like crap sitting in the "pockets" in the upper cowling. They only went in about a quarter way, hanging out. So I have dug them in a little deeper carving out the pocket. Looks a lot better. Gluing and fitting next.

I sailor on.
I'm not pedantic guys................... honest!

Attachments

• GB22 16a.jpg
    GB22 16a.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 65
  • GB22 16b.jpg
    GB22 16b.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 69
There's Two votes, thanks guys........

And now I have fixed the gaps in the underside of the wing section. I had to open up some space so I could "swing" the wing section to square. All I did was open it more, After it set, with my saw so I could get a thin piece of styrene in the gap and glue it in. Then filed and sanded flush and used filler to make the whole thing flush and true front to back. Sprayed a thin coat of primer to check. All is good.

I'll have to lay out the wires now and set the buckles in place Before gluing the upper wing.

I sailor on.

Attachments

• GB22 17a.jpg
    GB22 17a.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 83
  • GB22 17b.jpg
    GB22 17b.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back