1/48 Lindberg Jenny WIP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All decals now on. Final assembly then RIGGING.......ugh!!!!!!!!

You may notice some bad grammar and misspelled names, some later pics show corrections. I chose to show the plane in a fresh coat of paint so I put the names and lettering on as they were originally.

Attachments

• Jennybuild22.jpg
    Jennybuild22.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Jennybuild23.jpg
    Jennybuild23.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 107
Good eye Jan. No I didn't make that mistake. I stated that I was building the plane 'factory fresh" or in this case 'garage fresh'. Art flew the plane at Airshows for several years and updated it a few times. He added the years as appropriate. Sorry, I thought I had posted this pic earlier in the thread.

Attachments

• Jennyphoto4Art.jpg
    Jennyphoto4Art.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
These pics show final assembly, spent a good part of the last two days drilling the 50 odd holes needed for the rigging. I hate the tedious work like that. Should have been able to get it all done of an evening, but found myself getting bored with it and moving over to other projects, she's all drilled now. Should be able to get the upper wing attached today and when dry tomorrow comes the REAL tedious part, RIGGING. It's a good thing it looks right in the end because it sure is a pain getting there.

I knew the elevators were a little off but thought it would be okay. The camera sure sees a lot of things that the naked eye misses. I'll correct it. Glad I caught it before rigging it.

Attachments

• Jennybuild24.jpg
    Jennybuild24.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Jennybuild25.jpg
    Jennybuild25.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 92
Has anyone else here had the privilege of riding in one of these beautiful planes???? ^5 mph take off, 65 mph battle speed, 65 mph landing! I liken it to riding a motorcycle. Jim Nissan's JN4 at Livermore CA. What a day That was. Jim used to take almost anyone who showed up for a ride.He had a little strip on his rural property a little hangar with his Jenny and a couple other planes belonging to neighbors, classics of course. Jim started and developed the San Jose airport and used to fly his Cessna to work! how good is that! Just a little side bar, forgive me. Bill

Has anyone else here had the privilege of riding in one of these beautiful planes???? ^5 mph take off, 65 mph battle speed, 65 mph landing! I liken it to riding a motorcycle. Jim Nissan's JN4 at Livermore CA. What a day That was. Jim used to take almost anyone who showed up for a ride.He had a little strip on his rural property a little hangar with his Jenny and a couple other planes belonging to neighbors, classics of course. Jim started and developed the San Jose airport and used to fly his Cessna to work! how good is that! Just a little side bar, forgive me. Bill

I'd love to. Some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back