1/48 Lindberg Jenny WIP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the comments guys. This was a challenging build. I think I'm getting better on every one. All the great comments and all the great models I see on this forum really inspire me and keep me going.

Last edited:
Here's a few more close-ups.

Attachments

• Jennybuild46.jpg
    Jennybuild46.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 83
  • Jennybuild47.jpg
    Jennybuild47.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Jennybuild48.jpg
    Jennybuild48.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Jennybuild49.jpg
    Jennybuild49.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Jennybuild50.jpg
    Jennybuild50.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 85
Won first place with this today at the local contest. That's 3 in a row !!

Attachments

• Jennybuild51award.jpg
    Jennybuild51award.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 54
Great work Andy! How many people participate..? i'd love to start a model club

We meet once a month at the local Hobby Lobby for our contest (last Sat of the month) and on the second Saturday of the month I host a seminar in my workroom at home. The contests have as few as 7 entrees and as many as 18, depends on the month, lighter during the summer months.

Harrison, check to see if there is an IPMS affiliate in your area. If there is not, you can get a local club going. Start by going into your Hobby shop and see if they'll let you post a sign to see if there's any interest. I have moved around a LOT in my life and belonged to clubs in 6 different towns (3 IPMS and 3 non). Some took turns meeting in a few member's houses. Others met in various halls that members arranged. Remember that the best chance of having a club is to include ALL types of models and modelers of ALL abilities. I've attached a picture of today's entrees and there was a wide variety (3 cars, a plane, a tank. a tractor, an artillery piece and a monster figure). It's a lot of fun to meet with people who have the same interests that you do and exchange ideas.

GO FOR IT H. !!!

Attachments

• models7-31-10.jpg
    models7-31-10.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 70
Thanks Andy! How do I check IPMS? I went to the website but don't know how to find it and also including a wide array of models is a good idea because the guys who run the shop are big Sci-Fi modellers

The Des Moines county Museum in Burlington Iowa now has a display on local Aviators and I am VERY proud to have my Jenny as part of that display.

Attachments

• Jenny_museum2.jpg
    Jenny_museum2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Jenny_museum1.jpg
    Jenny_museum1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back