1/48 Lindberg Jenny WIP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She's ready to be rigged. Pic 2 shows axels added to landing gear.

Attachments

• Jennybuild26.jpg
    Jennybuild26.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Jennybuild27.jpg
    Jennybuild27.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Jennybuild28.jpg
    Jennybuild28.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 76
The steel axles are a good Idea. The wheels have broken off my Lindberg Jenny several times already and one if off now waiting repair.

Pic 1 - Engine and wheels attached
Pic 2 - I always need an extra set of hands when I'm doing rigging, and this set-up helps a lot.
Pic 3 - Looks like a bird's nest, but this shows the wires attached to the upper wing. The holes in the upper are only drilled half way in. The lower are all the way through so they can be pulled tight and glued from the bottom. I'll have a pic when I get to that part. Also, in the background you can see the two bottle caps, one with CA glue in it, one with CA accelerator. I drop a bit of glue in the hole with a toothpick. Then i dip the line in the accelerator and into the hole.
Pic 4 - Rigged tail

Attachments

• Jennybuild30.jpg
    Jennybuild30.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Jennybuild31.jpg
    Jennybuild31.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 86
  • Jennybuild32.jpg
    Jennybuild32.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Jennybuild29.jpg
    Jennybuild29.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 79
Taking a little break from the rigging (about to go blind). I'm doing up most of the "fiddly bits" in brass. If the parts are thin enough to look right in plastic I don't think they'll hold up as I know I'll knock them off.

Pic 1 - start off by "flattening" a piece of brass rod.

Pic 2 - adding the attachment point

Pic 3 - almost ready to cut off, (kit part for comparison). Now just need to make three more and solder on the cross-bars. these will be the upper wing "fences".

Pic 4 - Hoops for below the wings. Must be strong enough for a wing-walker to hang on. Like how my cutting matt looks? "self mending" my A**.

Attachments

• Jennybuild35.jpg
    Jennybuild35.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Jennybuild36.jpg
    Jennybuild36.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Jennybuild37.jpg
    Jennybuild37.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Jennybuild38.jpg
    Jennybuild38.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 85
Yes it is. I think it looks pretty close to wires. I used to use black so you could see it better, but I'm going for realistic this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back