1/48 P-51D - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As promised from the other thread shes almost done and hoping for no more snow/rain or cold in my area this one will be in the booth to paint up with my new airbrush soon :D *knock on wood so I don't jinx anything*

This is my second attempt on a model to do the panel lines with my Xacto. I think it came out well :D I only had to apply putty once in one area(for the panel lines themselves) before I concentrated and drew the rest pretty well. 2 of the lines are almost on the heavy side but if I left them "thin" they'd of been covered by the paint :S The most challenging part was re-doing the panels with the dots free hand :S
RSCN4482.jpg

and other side :D I see I could do a small touch up on her before going to the paint booth on this side. I had to apply a heavy dose of putty to cover a un-even surface on the model where 2 pieces of the fuselage come together. I'll have to post a pic later so you can see where. I think its a must on the Hasegawa model since I have 2 other P-51s from Has. where I had to do the same thing.
RSCN4483.jpg

Now added the Tail pieces and I think I got em pretty well balanced :D
DSCN4478.jpg

Everything went pretty well this week on the build and I can't wait to get both my birds in to the paint booth :D Almost done :)

Last edited:
Great job on that pattern Igor. You could have maybe "cheated" and installed a plate which they put over these holes in the winter.

DSCN4616.jpg

Masked off one slab and ready for painting the Olive Drab :) The silver was to double check the putty job :)

Doesn't look like I'll finish these 2 during the weekend (supposed to rain :S and im booked to work), unless I get em done on Saturday and it doesn't rain then, for now consider me out of the competition, but do you guys mind if when the models are done I post the final couple pics in this thread? I don't want to make you guys wait and its unfair for my work to interfere, deadline has already past so I don't mind being in the non-competing section :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back