1/48 P-51D - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok so I kinda went Rambo on this model in the past couple days wanting to glue her up and putty and everything so I can airbrush it while the weather was still great outside ! Unfortunatley yesterday it snowed and it hasn't stoped since, major cold front along with it, oh well, heres the update so far :D Finally found my camera too, which makes for some pictures along with it :D

#1: Assembled everything and completed the wings, I've started to putty the aircraft out in the front, a lot of Tamiya putty went on to even out the angle of the P-51, there was a hump in the front that needed dealing with,

DSCN3646.jpg

#2: Taking care of that evil hump ! :D I'll let the putty dry and update in a couple days with the nearly finished product. Then hopefully if the weather warms up I'll be able to airbrush it :D

DSCN3647.jpg

I started to add some silver with my brush to check my work etc, Its great when you can check/sand it off and fix it again If you still have a line or two that arn't that great.

I'll update the main profile for the aircraft either today or some time tomorrow when I have time :D to Ole Goat :) and add the bio etc.

Slow this week due to the new snow :(, A little bit of sanding.

DSCN3722-2.jpg

side view, resribing next week.
DSCN3725.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back