1/48 PBY-5 Catalina, RAAF, 11 Sqn - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys, appreciated as always! Up early, after roughly an hour ot so, can't sleep....try again in a wee bit, do some more on the 'feline'.. :lol:

Nice work so far Jan! Apparently early RAAF Catalinas were delivered in extra dark sea grey, dark slate grey over sky type S. There's a small picture of A24-13 in Pentlands "RAAF Camouflage and markings Vol 1" showing the ID letter black "M" painted under the tail as per Vic's earlier profile. Pentland also states (I can't tell looking at the pic) that the yellow outline around the fuselage roundel has been painted out, leaving the early war RAAF stlye red/white and blue roundel.

Coming along nicely Jan. I've got the PBY/OA-10 version to be built as an RCAF bird. Other than the molded-in-rope, I've noticed you haven't mentioned any build problems so, for me, that's encouraging, and yes, it is large.

Geo

Wire recieved Vic, much obliged!! Do some more this week, so that I've only got the painting left....battle a case of man flu at the moment, again!

Think he has gone to ground again or some sheila has got to him!

b0227.gif

I think he's found out that 'ABBA's' Agnetha has come out of 'retirement', so he's b*gg*red off back to Sweden to find her! Can't say I'd blame him - cor!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back