1/48 RCAF CL-13 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Masking is off, anti-glare shield is done and minor touch-ups to the topside are complete.

001.JPG

Just need to touch-up the bottom color which is enamel. How long should I wait before I put Future over it?

Geo

Thanks guys. Decals are started. As can be seen by the tail markings, I chose 434 (Bluenose) Squadron. The decals are by Leading Edge and took forever to come off the backing sheet. Though they are quite strong, one of the red wing markings managed to get ripped, no big deal. In hind sight, I should have cut the long run of the black wing walk lines off and then position it as it took a while to line thinks up.

002.JPG

The wing roundels and fuel decals were a pain in the keester to line up.

Geo

Thanks guys. One side done. Release time of the decals and placement is taking forever. For some reason, the large numbers are slightly different in size. I noticed this when I placed the 2. I couldn't get it to line up. After about 5 minutes, I gave up. I measured some numbers on the sheet and there is up to 1mm difference

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks all, decals are done...

006.JPG

...the Mk.6 had extra vents on the fuselage sides so Leading Edge depicted these in decal form.

003.JPG

Academy has include intake and exhaust covers but no way of attaching them without them falling into the fuselage(guess how I know). Next up, I'm going to install some plastic strip to give the covers something to but up against.

Geo

Very nice ! And I would never have guessed that intake was a decal !
Glad you mentioned it, as I have another Academy kit to do as a RAF Sabre, so I can now add them - or paint them on !
I haven't used the FOD guards on my (USAF) F-86, but I did try them for fit when I first built the model, and they sat in the opening without a problem. I had intended using them, with a couple of ground crew figures, in a Korean War diorama, but that hasn't happened yet .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back