1/48 scale?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi folks,

As I dislike starting new threads because it just adds to the clutter, on the topic of 1:48 scale, anyone have a wishlist? Ie: types that simply don't exist in 1:48. I'd a number for several years which I eventually found (Avro CF105 Arrow, Wellington are two that come to mind).

Sterling
Sunderland
Halifax
DH DH88 Comet
BV 141
TA 183
Yak 52

To name a few that I want, but sadly, to my knowledge..unless I drop down to the ridiculously small 1:72 scale....

Halifax, Hampden, Lancaster, Stirling, from Airfix of course, plus new B-17's, B-24's, B-26, A-26, B-29 would be nice too.....are you listening, Airfix or more likely Monogram and Revell...

Oh, a new Blenheim would be just lovely as well!

It's probably easier to request all, or at least most, of those kits done in 1/72nd scale, but not in 1/48th scale, to be released in the latter scale!
Plus some better examples , or at least 'newly tooled' examples of existing 1/48th scale kits.
Just 30 years ago, you could almost count on the fingers of both hands the total amount of then current kits in 1/48th scale, and now, it seems we have a huge amount of them - but it's peanuts compared to mainline 1/72nd scale offerings.
Like Jan, I'd like to see the Blenheim(s), Halifax, Stirling, Hampden, Whitley, and another Lancaster and Wellington, at realistic prices, plus a whole host of other stuff from WW2 to the 1980s -ish, to include Meteors, Hunters, Gnat, Piston Provost, FIAT G91, Hudson, Ventura, Walrus, and probably all of the stuff done so far as short-run kits, which fetch bl**dy ridiculous prices on the 'pre-owned' market - an indication of just how 'wanted' they actually are.
I do understand the economics of releasing 'immediately saleable' kits, but for ****s sake, how many Spitfires, Mustangs and Messerschmitts do we need !?!!

Ta183 (Amtech and Tamiya) and BV141 (HiPM) have been released in 1/48

All my aircraft are 1/48 the smaller scales omit detail. After my B-29 in 1/48 I'd like to see either or both Convair's B-36 or Northrop's YB-35 (which I actually got to see fly when I was about 6YO and still remember very vividly)

If had my druthers, I should have built 2 and 4 engine aircraft in 1/72 but years ago, I didn't have druthers so now I have all Monograms 4 engine beasts, their Catalina, two S-3s, an AC-130 and several other two engine jobbies.

You can never have enough of Willy's wonder, the much loved, classic, beautiful and exceptional '109.
Those other two,.. not so much.
But I will not have you besmirch the 109. It is as though you had dragged the Wildcat through the mud!
And I can't believe you would!

Users who are viewing this thread