1/48 Spitfire Mk. XVI e - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Karl. Well, I just SCREWED UP again. The gun blisters that have to be cut out, if you purchase this kit. Cut them out following the lines on the top of the wing. DO NOT cut them out using the recess on the inside of the wing. The hole will be WAY TO BIG. Fortunately I cut and test fit the first one before starting on the second. Just cut two patches, one for each end of the cover. Let it dry overnight and sand and scribe it tomorrow (hopefully)

Nothing a little putty won't fix, I hope.
Another learning experence, one you probably could have done without, I'm sure.
I've never tried elmers on seams, only for fixing canopies to the airframe, let me know how that works out.

Sounds like you've got things under control Aaron.
Paul, I use PVA (white glue/wood glue/ presumably Elmer's) for most small joints and seams, including the seams at the base of windscreens, if it's supposed to be 'seamless' on the real thing.
Run it in as a bead, off the tip of a cocktail stick, and wipe off any excess with a wet finger tip, or damp cocktail stick tip/pain brush tip. Been doing it for years, and it works very well indeed. Beauty is, if it needs more, just add another bead when the first has hardened, and it can be painted over, giving a flawless, invisible seal.
Saves b*gg*ring about with putty or other filler, especially in hard to access areas such as wing root joints.

Having computer problems but am getting closer. Dry fit the lower half of the main wing and got it to fit. still working on the 20mm gun covers. There not wanting to cooperate, and got the seam on the fuselage filled ( the first time).

It's not a contest Vic. I am a member of the Arts Depot :rolleyes:and with the membership they give you a section of wall space to display your work for a month. Kinda like advertising. At least that's what I am using it for.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back