1/48 Spitfire Mk. XVI e - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey guys, I have been outta town for the past week, came home to mow and check on things. Will be gone until the 3rd to September. I don't think it will make it. Sorry.:oops:

Take it back with you - something to do whilst watching the dogs. Only kidding Aaron - you'll get it finished when you get it finished, no rush mate!

That's the main thing - getting enjoyment from the hobby. If the GBs provide motivation and something to aim for, all the better, but it ain't a race. Much better to have a GB as a reason to do a model, and get it going but not finish on time, than either not do it, or rush it at the end and spoil it.

Agree with Wayne, I could not have said it better Vic!:cool: Oh, and I had to come home to do laundry, their washing machine went on strike.:lol: Will be back on Monday for about a week unless my other house customer decides not to go on vacation.

Sounds like you lead in interesting and eventful life Aaron, I used to do a lot of house sitting while working in Saudi, much better than in the dig's (barracks) we were provide. Got given extra money as well, that was a plus.

Some of my customers pay a lot better than others Vic but I have fun with it. Oh, and here's what the Spit looks like at the moment. I got a new tool that is designed for removing runs in paint. It works GREAT on soft plastic. I intend to use it on the installed wing panels to true them up. Tried a little spot when I was home the other day and it works rather well but is a little slow. Patience is key.:)

Attachments

• 08 17 12_1180 resized 20.jpg
    08 17 12_1180 resized 20.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 106
  • 08 17 12_1181 resized 20.jpg
    08 17 12_1181 resized 20.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 08 17 12_1182 resized 20.jpg
    08 17 12_1182 resized 20.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 08 17 12_1183 resized 20.jpg
    08 17 12_1183 resized 20.jpg