1/48 Spitfire Mk. XVI e - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Coming along nicely Aaron, though that is extremely strange how faded those decals are!!! (especially as the serial number is alot brighter!)

Give us the measurements if you like, and I'll see if I have replacements in correct size for ya.

Evan, they're suppose to be faded. Not sure why, but all the photos on line of this bird look like this. Oh, and the wrinkles have all but vanished. Thank you for the offer though, I do appreciate it but these are working out. Hopefully I can get this finished before I leave for a month. It doesn't look like it though.

Thats normal, I always get the same result when I add, Set and Sol, and the Sol always wrinkles them beyond recognition after it drys or I at leats get 1 wrinkle that kinda ruins the look :(, I've only had it work 2 times perfectly as in the instructions (without touching it after application etc). I'm considering just using Set now and patting it down, tried it on a couple scrap models and it works fine. Its whenever I add some Sol that ruins the look :)

Shes looking good so far :)

Ok folks......................I know it's hard to believe..........................but it's FINISHED. Being black and somewhat shiney.............the dust shows up REALLY bad on it. As dry as the air is at the moment I can't do anything about it due to the static.

Attachments

• IMG_8355_edited-1 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_8355_edited-1 resized 25.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8351_edited-1 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_8351_edited-1 resized 25.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8350_edited-1 resized.jpg
    IMG_8350_edited-1 resized.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8343 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_8343 resized 25.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8346 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_8346 resized 25.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8345 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_8345 resized 25.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8344 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_8344 resized 25.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 70
Thank you Glen and Geo. It's a very kit Geo. You won't be disappointed. Doing this color scheme though brings out EVERY little blemish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back