1/48 Tamiya Austin Tilly

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, could be a latch or something to do with the storage bins in the wheel arches. Hmm, fender ... I think that's a 'wing' in the UK, although logic would suggest it's what we call the 'bumper'. Can get quite confusing, comparing North American terms with British equivalents !

The only rear section of a Tilly I can find is below and I dno not see it, though it does look slightly different than yours.

tillh.jpg

Austin 10 ligth utility "tilly" - Page 10

Thank you so much for the pic, I found this one and about 10 others (similar states) most are re-pros of the section for older vehicles (that have had that part demolished or rusted out) never can find this section in older WW2 photos either :D I'll keep it as is, for this model for now, because it doesn't seem a lot of concrete references are there and I really can't say :D

Finished finally, did her up in Polish Army markings :) (I believe attached to UK during the war) so I may incorporate her with a Spitfire sometime in the future :D

The biggest thing I learned from the build was that there was no Blue Tilly in services, most of them were either pre war Tillys (with no RAF roundels) or after war (50s etc) Tillys in the same blue scheme, also other differences from the one Tamiya presented as a possibility in the kit. Make sure if anyone wants to do a Blue Tilly it is either pre or post war :D To my understanding only the Olive Green scheme from the Army stock piles used to visit Airfields etc.

:D brought her to the IPMS meeting yesterday for our competition that we have every meeting, many interesting kits in attendance (we had about 12 models entered displaying various themes from civil aircraft, military WW2 to a landing craft and tanks :D :D ! )

Here are the final steps, instrument panel, I redid the left panel to form it more slender via photos of the panel I found online, small changes were made but forgot to photograph them.
RSCN9181_zpsd3882804.jpg

and Cabin, painted :) did a lot of pre-shading :D on the Tilly :) from light brown to darker browns, then slight additions of Olive Green, depending on the area (if light would have been exposed on the paint and faded it) I followed mostly on the top sections (hood, roof etc) I kept the color lighter while other sections (crevaces in fenders etc) I tried to keep darker, this was the result before Future.
DSCN9127_zpsd5682b50.jpg

Finally with Decals and everything sprayed, Testors Dullcote took 5 days! to dry :S I think it may have been the humid weather or maybe a bad bottle.
It is a challenge to take a picture of the color the model displays in real life conditions to show the shading, this is the best picture so far :)
Was really pleased with the handle of the Shovel :) looks great :D and a very simple painting with brush turned out some awesome results :)
DSCN9193_zps39ecdf58.jpg

Did some "muddy windshield" effects with paintbrush :) I think it turned out ok :D
DSCN9197_zps1c861a9e.jpg

reverse, I will try to take some better pictures later :)
DSCN9198_zpsfaa3dd11.jpg

and just 1 more :) my model tied for 3rd place in our competition yesterday at our IPMS meeting :) It was a very tough field of competitors and was really proud and surprised that it placed :D
DSCN9201_zpse26312ac.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back