>> 1/48 XP-55 Ascender - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Glenn,

Awesome build brother! I have the Ginter book if you need any help from that. One correction to the history you provided, the crash picture is of the first prototype. The third prototype crashed at Wright Field during a War Bond air show.

Thanks Jim. The interior pictures I have are pre-restoration but I think there is enough there for my purposes as I will leave the canopy closed.
The resin is very nice Terry. It should look real good after a wash to bring out detail.

Added a few bits of copper wire (throttle lever, prop jettison lever and control column locking bar) and finished the detail painting and wash

P5122472.JPG
P5122468.JPG
P5122469.JPG
P5122471.JPG
on the interior parts

Got a lot done last night

Assembled and installed the resin cockpit
P5132475.JPG
P5132476.JPG

P5132477.JPG

Installed the resin wheel well inserts
P5132478.JPG

Added plenty of nose weight
P5132481.JPG

Assembled the fuselage halves
P5132483.JPG

The cockpit fit wasn't great and I will have to add some shimming to the aft bulkhead
P5132486.JPG
P5132485.JPG

Assembled the 5 part wing
P5132487.JPG

Test fitted the wing to the fuselage. looks like the joint here will need some work :(
P5132482.JPG

Been doing a lot of work, all the fuselage seams smoothed out, the exausts painted and installed, the elevators prepped, the wing tip rudders installed and joints filled (what a pain that was) and I'm about to glue on the wings.
Unfortunately my desktop has forgotten how to connect with the Internet and I only have my phone to get here for the time being so no pictures. The PC is going into the shop today to have that and other issues worked on, I'm still taking progress pictures and will post them all when able.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back