1/48th Arado Ar234C-3/4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Stitch

Airman
May 15, 2009
Okay, this isn't exactly going to be a START to finish thread, as I've already begun buiolding it, but I will pick up from where I'm at right now (about halfway, give or take). Unfortunately, I haven't taken any in-progress pictures of it (yet), but I will soon and post them.

It's the Revell/Monogram "Pro-Modeller" 1/48th kit which, from what I understand, is actually a re-boxed Hasegawa kit; it's defintely better than your average Revellogram kit, so that makes sense. The kit gives you the option of building the C-3 bomber version or the C-4 recon bird. For those of you who don't know, the Ar 234C used four BMW 003 engines, instead of the two Jumo 004 engines as on the 234B; the C version actually had more installed thrust than the B version and was, consequently, the fastest of the 234 series.

I got a little creative with my 234, and created a Nazi atom bomber by using the Little Boy atom bomb from the old Monogram B-29 bomber with the 234; it's not much bigger than the standard SC 1000 the Blitz was designed to carry, though it was considerably heavier, so it is doubtful that the Ar 234 could've actually carried the Little Boy, let alone get off the ground with it (with or without the Walter HWK 109-500 RATO units!). However, it still makes an imaginative model. As I said, as soon as I can get some pictures uploaded, I'll post them in this thread, and give a (short) description of my build process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back