1/700 Aioshima Maya 1944

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I have been having the bends for another attack of a nautical theme and was inspired by a fella out Europe(Poland?) with some of his beautiful diorama's .While this will not be a diorama the kit looked well made and detailed for a 1/700 kit so far the fit has been quite nice and the aa's petite for the scale.The only thing I might add is some generic railing I have about to give a little more life.The decks are not glued in yet and the SS is just sitting no Seams!!
Maya 001.JPG

Maya 002.JPG

Maya 003.JPG

Maya 004.JPG

Cool. I haven't built a ship since the '80s though I have thought about doing the CV-64 U.S.S. Constellation and the modelling all its aircraft in 1:48

I have quite a few ships Geo unbuilt will I say a few about 10-15 most in 1/350 but 1/700 really allows one to build with space in mind and the potential for dios.I have right now the Prinz Eugen 1/350 about 50%,USS Missouri 1/700 85% waterline dio?,USS America 1/56 60% (wooded tackle block scary) and the Pride of Baltimore should just plank the b!@ch since I am painting it.I need to build a need cabinet just for my ships and the wife said Pride of Baltimore comes in the house when done.:dontknow: got to get crack'in

Moving along on this one pretty basic build I found my 1/700 universal railing will add some of that a little rigging some planes and wal la.

Big Mo and Maya

Maya 006.JPG

Maya 002.JPG

we have one of her inboard torpedo tube's looking at us 24 tubes in side
Maya 004.JPG

Maya 005.JPG

Yeah Wayne just ordered the other day about $60 worth of PE for the Hase 1/700 Ise while the bulk of the PE is made for the Fujumi kit I figure some can still be used on the Hase kit.I have to retouch the flight deck seems it was grey also all the railing is in place few more details planes and such and then onto rigging.

I keep my ship builds simple, the fine and delicate etch would drive me nuts, and i am paranoid of damaging the stuff, so I only add little bits here and there as i see fit.....and I don't need the aggravation especially in 1/700 scale..! Nor do I wish to go cross eyed.

Will have to get some pics of my "Takao" Class Cruiser Myoko posted....

Repainted the flight deck propellers,rudder and railing in place.

gb42 004.JPG

gb42 005.JPG

Wayne got this one on the way My Navy gonna kill yea :laughing6: 1/350

71Si-MyB9SL._SL1500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back