1/72 Bf 109G-6, Stab IV/JG 51 - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

imalko

Chief Master Sergeant
Mar 2, 2009
Vojvodina, Serbia
Username: imalko
First name: Igor
Category: Category 2/Intermediate
Scale: 1:72
Manufacturer: Italeri
Model Type: Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6
Details: "Chevron 1" of Stab IV/JG 51, Uman, Eastern Front, winter 1944

Okay, joining this group build with my all time favorite aircraft - Messerschmitt Bf 109. For me it's just one of those aircraft which capture your imagination from the moment you see it for the first time and more you learn about it more interested you become. The fact that we have one example of Bf 109 in our Aviation Museum (which is located just some 20 or so kilometers from the place where I live) makes me very happy. My greatest desire is to see in person a flying Bf 109 and to seat in it's cockpit at least once. Not to fly it myself of course (which would never happen anyway), but just seat in it for a while you know...

Anyway, here's the picture of the kit...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 477
Last edited by a moderator:
... and here's the aircraft which model I wish to build. With all this snowy and cold weather we've been having lately I just got inspired to do an Bf 109 in winter scheme.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 891
Nice choice Igor :D just watch out for the fit of this one, I built the same kit a while ago and the fit on the 109 was a lil less than with other kits.

Regards,

Igor

Cheers mates!
As Igor mentioned the fitting on this kit leaves a lot to be desired. The fuselage is divided in three parts (not counting the separate ruder). In order to achieve a better fit I've glued all three parts on each fuselage halves first and then assembled these two together. Still a quite bit of sanding along the seams was required afterwards. Anyway, here are first progress shots...

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 186

Users who are viewing this thread

Back