1/72 Matchbox Messerschmitt Bf110....GTI ! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reference NJACO's Me-163GTI sketch:

I'm absolutely sure there was no such thing as a fart smell indicator in 1944. The book Annals of the Luftwaffe, by Colitis Flatch U. Lance, have definitive references that such technology was not introduced until post war operations. Even then, such technology for the most part was unrecognized due to its use in mostly silent operations, but offensive effects were proven deadly in skirmishes. Interesting to note that even though the indicator was developed during WW2 and defensively proven effective in subsequent years, political negotiations usually were equally effective in confirming use of such offensive weapons via confirmation of aircraft skid marks. This ultimately lead to the demise of the use of such technology.

Shame really. I would have thought it had promise.

I'll have you note that humor is steeped liberally in subtlety. Do not dilute my historical factages, Mr Njaco. :lol:

$10 words will get you no-where! :)

Gary and all - I think I hit the jackpot!!!! While searching through the Bundes Archive I found some gems. Following are 2 pics I nabbed. First is an actual pic of the Do 335GTI-V-9 which - legend has it - spun its way to Albania and disappeared.

And the second pic is one of only two known pics of von Bachvards. This is again the Do 335GTI - but the V4. Grouped in front is the design team and the smallish man in the middle with the hat is......wait for it..... Baron von Bernt Bachvards!!!! Amazing. Also found a few other things of note and will post.

Gary, hows the SchersserMmitt going?

Attachments

• do335gti006.jpg
    do335gti006.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 170
  • do335gti004.jpg
    do335gti004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 151

Last edited:
Certain members of our club are obssesed with 'what-ifs'. A typical wacky entry in our club competition table is shown below - a 1:32 scale twin JU87 ferrying a piloted V1. I could see you fitting in well Geedee :D

Attachments

• Wacky what if - twin JU87.JPG
    Wacky what if - twin JU87.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 147

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back