1/72 Matchbox Messerschmitt Bf110....GTI !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Brilliant finger print Gary, nothing like leaving your mark. You got my vote, it's looking very swish.

Gary, I found a Testors 1/48 Me163 that I can modify to GTI standards. Might have a go and start another thread on it. But first I had to do some research. Found a cutaway drawing of the Me 163 GTi but I don't want to post as this is about the Me 110.
or maybe I will ....with your permission?

You found drawings ?.....mate, they'll be worth a mint (Imperial ?) on EvilBay !!! I am soo jealous. Fill yer boots, post away.

Thanks for the support guys. This small scale stuff plays havoc with the eyes !.

Maybe we should do a 'Vulture Squadron' Group build just for some 'Oddball fun !?. Run it for a while and let anyone knock up wild an whacky Luftwaffe planes (all painted matt black, dont forget !), just to use up odds 'n' sods off old kits, old kits that are about to be consigned to the scrapyard in the sky etc. We would of course need a bit of history about the design of these crates.

Thoughts any-one ?

I love it!!!!!

A Bachvards Group Build!! Must give history of the particular plane and such.

Will post the cutaway Me 163GTI tonight and also found the drawings for the Do335GTI - interesting plane. They say the first prototype would go in circles because the propellors turned the same way thus torquing the aircraft in a spin. Second prototype corrected this problem. Will post pic tonight.

To think of all those old kits I threw out over the years when moving house that could have been usedfor this....

The Ju-87N U6/R3/WTF with large, detachable drogue chute and thrusters to enable the pilot to enter a dive vertically over the target, slow the plane to walking speed, and use thrusters to center the bomb over the target would have been an excellent subject....

Ok, here are te pics I've found so far from a super-sub-secret internet site.

First is the Me 163GTI which is obvious. Lots of info there.

Second is the aforementioned Do 335GTI. As you can see, until they got counter-rotating props it would spin like a carnival ride! Think it was called the "Push Me, Push Me" configuration or to the pilots, "the Spin Puke".

Attachments

• me163GTI105.jpg
    me163GTI105.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 156
  • do335gti.jpg
    do335gti.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
1 small point the black and decker 2 stroke coffee maker was replaced in the first prototype when it was found to be interfering with the herring it was replaced with the 4 stroke turbo diesel with intercooler as this was found to give Megan Fox more strokes per minute

Users who are viewing this thread

Back