1/72 Northrop P-61 Black Widow - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bob4438.jpg

bob4435.jpg

bob4434.jpg

bob4433.jpg

photos of cockpit with decals applied,test fit of canopy to see what detail will be visible plus engine cowlings as supplied,these are going to need a lot of work

Last edited:
I reckon it looks fantastic. Well done and good luck (we are competing....i see I might be in a spot of bother)

don't worry i'm sure your do a better job than me,when i modeled years ago it was never to the standards shown on this site and although the chaps are kind with their comments i know my work is very poor compered to theirs

hi i'd be interested in any detailed drawings/pics you might have of the widow,mainly of the gunners position and wheel wells/undercart legs please if you have any

bob4440.jpg

bob4441.jpg

bob4439.jpg

bob4444.jpg

bob4448.jpg

bob4449.jpg

bob4450.jpg

bob4451.jpg

bob4452.jpg

bob4453.jpg

bob4454.jpg

bob4455.jpg

bob4456.jpg

bob4457.jpg

bob4458.jpg

bob4459.jpg

last nights progress,i'm not sure about my crude attempt of a head set in the radar operators position,anyone have any ideas or tips how to make this better

Can't really see it Bob but if I were to make the headset, I'd use a sheet of thin plastic card cut to a dog bone-like shape with a fine blade. Then cut and glue circular discs at the earpieces then wrap the whole thing around a paint brush to get the curvature.

Great progress. Black plastic is unforgiving to eyes of the modeller. But a good aspect is that it shows sanding flaws. I found that out when I did my SR-71. It initially gave me fits seeing all those flaws on black. I'll never buy a black car for that same reason! :shock:

i've done your wire suggestion Terry and used a small circle of card for the headphone pads for the ears,i guess these would be black in colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back