1/72 Scale S2G Tracker 816 squadron

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry....I will keep an eye out for all of those.....I guess I should finish the unbuilt models that I do have.

Anyway, I have proceeded to near finish with the Tracker, although I have not yet glued the cockpit canopies in place yet. This is because I have built a small interior light to highlight the interior that I built, and still may need to get into the inside of the model to mount the light properly.

Some of the following shots I did with reduced or no external illunination, to demonstrate the effect of the internal light assembly. The light makes it possible to see more of the interior, though I could not pick it up well with the camera.

The build quality is better than the A-4, but its still not where I would like to be. I learnt a heck of a lot, and my confidence is building. I still like the little Tracker that Ive built, and look forward to showing my new born son or daughter when he/she arrives next year (well, maybe not straight away, if I want to keep my collection intact)...

Anyway, here are two groups of the progress shots as I near completion.....

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 067.jpg
    Picture 067.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 98
I found this pic of your tracker I took it about 77/78
I realize its a little bit late but better then never

Attachments

• IMG_NEW.jpg
    IMG_NEW.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 85
Thanks very much guys, much appreciated....regarding the tail emblem, my research showed that the Tiger emblem was not used whilst the tracker was embrked. So I decided to go with the older torch tail emblem instead, though I think the tiger is way more cool.

Have not done any modelling for about two months now....had a bit of a disaster with the Wessex I was doing....sprayed what I thought was clear lacquer, but turned out to be primer instead.....by the time I relaized what I had done, it was too late.....I have to re-do the thing, but just havent had time for a couple of months now......work commitments getting in the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back