1/72 Short Stirling BIII - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was back at the Stirling today and masked the canopy and bomb aimer's window. I had made a start on it a week ago and wasn't at all happy with it so I put it aside and have been concentrating on the B-24. The window pains in the vac canopy are not well defined and that's what let to the problems. I couldn't see where I was supposed to cut, but I'm reasonably happy with the masking now and again have a hope of making the deadline, although I still will be concentrating on the B-24.

DSC01477.JPG
DSC01476.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys :)
I painted the dark green last night making paper masks by scaning the painting guide from the instructions, pasting it on a word doc and streching it unitl the size matched the model. (I usuly use a copy maching at work but it was Sunday)

P8180246.JPG
P8180247.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I'm not sure I'm going to make the deadline with this one. I think it's going to need some time to sort out the vac turrets and I have some other commitments coming up before the end of the month. I'll see how much I can get done, but I don't want to rush it and I also DO want to get Booby Trap done before the dead line. I don't know why I always torture myself with these multiple entries like this, but I just has to give the Stirling a try for this GB

nice work glenn. I am particualalry impressed with your canopy masking. Very precise, despit your difficulties. And the paint job.....I can watch and dream i guess.

well done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back