1/72 Short Stirling BIII - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi, can you tell me what you used to attach the paper masks for the camo, obviously I can see the blue tape in places but was there something under the paper?

Hi, can you tell me what you used to attach the paper masks for the camo, obviously I can see the blue tape in places but was there something under the paper?
I used what most guys around here call 'Blue Tack' although the stuff I used was white. It's the clay like stuff you get for sticking posters on the wall. You roll it into thin worm and put it on the underside of the paper just inside the edge and stick it on the model. The edge of the paper mask stays away from the model so it leaves a soft edge when you spray the paint. You need to be careful to spray the edge from the mask side so the paint doesn't get under the mask.

Thanks, They call it blue tack here as well and guessed it was that just couldn't see it under the paper.

Yes. I figured it was a 50/50 proposition with the late start, but I really wanted to do this one. I'm going to take a short break and get back to it very soon.

I know I said I was going to take a break, but I had a little time tonight so did some masking.

P9040347.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back