1/72 Starfix German P-51 Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
This was my first model I did when I returned to modeling. I just thought that I'd share it with you guys.

I found this Starfix model in a dollar store one day and figure what a great way to get back into modeling. After the box kicked around my house for a few years I finally decided it was time to give it a shot. The next step for me was to decide how to paint it. After seeing an episode of History Channels "Dog Fights" I knew what I wanted to do. A captured P-51 Mustang. The thought of Germans using P-51s to attack the Allies never ventured into my mind. So after some research and hep from some guys from another forum I was set.

One photo stood out above the rest and I ran with it. This plane is not meant to be an accurate representation of an actual operational German P-51. Despite what I had to work with and my lack of skills I had fun building it.

You get what you pay for s the accuracy is not there.There also is no real cockpit/\. Its oob so there is no filling and sanding of the joints. Again it was meant to be used to get my feet wet and nothing more.

The Model:

DSC03801.jpg

DSC03802.jpg

DSC03805.jpg

DSC03804.jpg

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03971.jpg

DSC03970.jpg

DSC03969.gif

DSC03968.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

I'm sure some of you will find tons of errors but the one glaring mistake I made was that I screwed up the side decals. I didn't catch it till after I covered the decals with Future. LOL what can you do?

Thanks for the taking time to look

Regards

Dirk

Not bad..not bad Dirk.I like the model . Of course it could be much more matt but nicely done inded.

Hey, Clive Cussler, I mean Dirk! Starfix was my first "Re-Intro" model also after 30 years. Bought the P-51, Spitfire and a bunch of Bf 109s. God what awful models! But great if you're starting out and the cost is fantastic!

Darn good job from a very basic kit, especially after just getting back into the hobby! Good work mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back