1/72 Supermarine stranraer - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
User Name: destrozas
Name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Kit: revell Ref.04277 / exmathbox
Scale: 1/72
Accessories: interior and cockpit in scratch build.

Supermarine stranraer MKI K7295 BN + L March 1941, Stranraer Scotland, RAF 240 sqn.
the plane tube many bases during his short stint in April 1941 had an accident in a landing servico left out of what little I could find him, it was during his transfer to Ireland which would form part of the antisubmarine patrols near the Irish coast

Photos collected by Wojtek, after the arrival of the book of mushroom and tenfgo example in hand besides many pictures of the interior.

Stranrear+240+Sqdn.jpg

i was looking for an excuse not to do it but like, I entered looking forward to it and it will.

searching the internet I found the mushroom Ref.6113 yellow book series and did not buy me what I needed to detail or rather to have references of what I have to detail the interior, hire slowly doing with patience and have the other plane .

cockpit2.jpg

thanks to three.

I put in to start cutting that comes surprisingly nothing has changed from the old mold of brown matchbox PK601 series, only the plastic with which injects.

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

the assembly process will have to slow dimension many pieces that can be seen in the photos and perform, distribution around the ribbing a chore that I hope you do not have to do, shall begin soon as soil has cer parts and stuff.

Thanks gentlemen.

as work is slow at the moment with 138 yesterday while awaiting the start of the F1 will put his hand to this, more exactly, we check the distribution of frames and ribs to go placing them, I use canes ABS measures I found smaller than 0.5x0.5:

IMG_2899.JPG

0.5 round:

IMG_2900.JPG

so I'll take a side in the absence of finish and the other with the first already in place:

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

and finally did the test that everything fit well and look good with half saw

IMG_2901.JPG

I will continue working on it slowly

because the truth is that the plane gains a lot with this little I've done for now, it seems very difficult to do these things means good interior detailing when designing the models, but even when they have not thought about photoetched or resin shows to do so.

Although there emmpresas your you send the project that you wish to occur and you do it by the number of pieces you ordered, but clearly this must be ordered thousands of pieces to be profitable and that has a price that many can afford and few can buy later, will be a matter of thinking about investing in a 3D printer
:crazy::crazy::oops:

Funny isn't it.............. ooooo, sounds like the name of a song....... anyway,
how simple some of these float plane kits are. Deceiving aren;t they.

Another one of those interesting string of flying boats that came out of Britain between the wars. Nice start Sergio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back