1/72 Supermarine stranraer - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice Sergio. I partially built this kit years and years ago but stopped short of putting on the top wing. It must have been a handful!

currently not inserted was only presented to the beams is quederan in place, so see if I need to work the joints to the wings because it's nothing good, to continue with the process of painting and ranging in metallic color look much faults.

resting some BV138 painting I started with this painting so I started taking the hardest metal, use the mc211 and 07 sm to give the last touch, but of course as always first black gloss enamel

IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_3038.JPG

IMG_3039.JPG

the first metallic color with mc211

IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

Finish with SM07

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

thanks to all folks

Gunze paints are great for kids as well, the result is not the alclad but are not as sensitive and are harder once dry can work unprotected they never lose that metallic look.
It is a very simple way of painting george is really no big deal.

now continue painting the top of dark sea gray and dark slate gray on a metal for painting effecto wear is seen in the photos, to see what happens ....

wayne, andy and glenn many thanks.

continuing the process begin to paint the lower wings and fuselage (colloquially here we call it pure so I'll say from now on if you do not mind), to join them and begin to shut it

I will explain some of the process and a known good friend of a friend of mine asked me to explain the technique that I use to paint already know the aircraft and remain discolored, which as you well know not invent anything new.

first with pencil and soft camouflage paint about the plane

IMG_3117.JPG

painting the first diluted layer,

IMG_3118.JPG

always with the airbrush to obturator 0'17mm as you see and without the diffusion cone

IMG_3120.JPG

result of first-hand, airbrush 5mm of plastic and non-stop moving

IMG_3121.JPG

next hand with minimal needle path to come out I wear very little paint to scribble on it painted, airbrush 2mm of plastic and non-stop moving, so I'm going panel by panel to obtain this result:

IMG_3122.JPG

as I see very worn wings have almost no incidence of the sun I think as time remain more integrated with another light coat of paint, airbrush to 10 mm of plastic and non-stop moving

IMG_3125.JPG

I started too pure but I made ​​up the time and had to go to work

IMG_3123.JPG

so I like more, all painted to 11 psi, or 0.4/0.5, the next step dark sea grey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back