1/72 Supermarine stranraer - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks but is not that the truth are no more pieces glued together.

I bring you some more photos inside and painted the first coat of watercolor to start give the effect of depth

DSC_2549.jpg

DSC_2550.jpg

DSC_2551.jpg

I tell am say that my intention was to make the process more any pics but this week I have been a little complicated and I have walked something right time to entertain in pictures.

the process so, the base color, acrylic or not does not matter is painted so if that is resistant to water, watercolor diluted in 20 ml of deionized water (it is better for the lack of mineral water gets faster and faster mixed with watercolor), 1/3 of the pot or so with this we will have more or less for 15 aircraft, with a brush that is N. 1 fine tip we give you at the junctions of the lines of ribbing from the plane, we let dry 2 to 3 hours after this with a brush N. 4 give up in the interiors of the planes to make a wash, without worrying about remaining excess at the ends of the inner panels, this will leave only 20 minutes, after this with the brush flat retired painting inside the planes, always in the same direction, mimicking the direction of the dirt, that is, as it would in reality, let dry for 2 o 3 more hours and give you a year of varnish, for Finally the mixture with watercolor and other small water mixture is a dense-active, ecologically clean crystals I spend the LIDL W5 with an old brush'm placing drops of the mixture into the joints for the paint run single by board highlighting nay, I leave to dry overnight and the interior is already finished, that's how it is at the end:

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

thanks sirs

Following the assembly, start assembling the wings took 2 days trying to get it, it was very hard to have the power as you see, I have found biplanes always very complicated to assemble

IMG_2977.JPG

Like in real life they would have been hard to get the wing shape just right with the rigging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back