1/72 Xtrakit Gloster Meteor TT

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Migrant

Senior Airman
Aug 7, 2008
Calgary AB
OK, I know it's not WW2, but I've noticed a few jets and even armour posted so I hope you'll forgive me :lol: It's Xtrakit's Gloster Meteor F.8 finished as a target tug. All of the stripes and dayglo panels are painted, the markings are a combination of my own and the kit's. Pilot is resin and a tad underscale but I had to put a pilot in for obvious reasons. Runway base was made in Photoshop, printed out on an inkjet and mounted on a wooden plinth. The model is supported on a metal strut, sneakily hidden by careful camera angles ;) My apologies if you've seen this before.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Thanks for your comments :)

That is some....bl...very nice job indeed! :thumbright: Keep 'em coming Migrant! How did you do the base??

Thanks Jan, it's an image that I created in Photoshop, printed out onto card and mounted on a wooden base. Here's the full base, it's not really bent, that's just my dodgy photography :oops:

IMG_0025.jpg

Excellent work mate! No need to apologise for the jet - any models are welcome I think! Brings back memories of seeing 'Meatbox' target tugs over the Northumberland coast in the '50's, with Hunters chasing them and banging away with their Aden guns - very impressive to a nine year old!

Beautiful Meatbox, Migrant! Your pictures remind me what a sharp-looking plane the Meteor is. I plan to do all the production Meteors (and a few other Meteors) and I have all the kits for it. Now all I have to do is start putting them together, although I'm afraid they won't come out as nicely as yours.

Venganza

Fantastic work!!! 8)

All the best!
Dusan.

Man, how is it this is the first time I'm seeing this..?! Fantastic work mate, looks bloody beaut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back