1/72nd TU-2S from ICM models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ylp020

Airman
Jan 10, 2011
this is my second thread.im new here.i wish to share with you my TU-2S bomber process . this plane has already been finished.i hope you like it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

as you can see ,its a good kit ,with great details. look at those pilots.really good.

but just 2/3 of the airman are good...

the best surface detail i have ever seen.tinny rivets and panal lines and the texture of the soft skin. its a 1/72nd model! As i know an eastern-euro model will certainly not fitted well, i will complete the whole model with super glue but putty. sanding less ,lose less.

a strange mistale. i correct it .

paint the cockpit and joint the body. no big problems now

its a nightmare when i put wings and engine bays together.i will never do it again.

paint the main landing gear. add the breaking wire and cover the hydraulic prop with aluminum foil tape. its shinny.and cut a part of tire off to make the gravity tire.

after i paint the under surface with light blue, i protect them with tape and masking sol.

the main colour green. as i mixed some clear in the paint .it provied me a fine surface. that is better for tinny details.

as you can see. like a real metal one.

the biggest problem is the decale.when it meet the water .just in less than a second, it turn to 10+ pieces....T_T.i do it like a puzzle game. and the decala just like a piece of ink.toooo crisp.it even turn to more pieces when i do the "puzzle".

i sanded the canopy with #2000 sandpaper and polished it. the original ones are semitransparent.

finished ~~after some fading and washing ....thanks for watching.

Looking very nice. However the green coloue seems to be of too much greenish tonality. As memeo serves it should be a little bit more dark and greyish like in the sample below.

Attachments

• russian green.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 160
Here other samples of the Russian Green colour that were used during WW2.

Attachments

• russian green 1.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 166
  • russian green 2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 174
  • russian green 3.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 156
  • russian green 4.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 159
Here is a profile of the Tu-2S I found in Russian sources. I think it is also incorrect because a such light grey/ dark grey camo scheme wasn't used for Tu-2 rather. It is more likely the camo scheme was of dark green/ earth-brown on upper surfaces. And just this variant of the camouflage I have found in AJ-Press book no.77 about Tu-2 bomber.

Attachments

• Tu-2 profile.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 183
thank you for your comments!~
i noticed the colour problem .
i googled some pics the colour seems to be really light.
and here comes the box-art.

also seems to be light and not a camouflage. so i decide to paint it with light green mixed with some olive darb.

and here is a real plane in a chinese museum .i've been there and asked the keeper .he said that the plane was not repainted while they inported in 1950's,just change the marks.
im a rookie in CCCP crafts of WW2 .And im sure the colour is not accurate.
Thank you for offer me such a lot of informations .it helps a lot.
BTW:Great Gallery!!~

Unfortunately ICM top boxes of kits can't be taken into consideration.There are mistakes.Besides it is not too easy to print them with correct colours. I have seen boxes of the same kits and the tonalities of colours were different from series to series.

Please check the link...

Modeling the VVS: Tupolev Tu-2

Thank you Wurger , unfortunately I took a wrong reference.
I will find more references and choose the right colour next time before i built another suviet aircraft.
what do you like most?seems to be Lufftwaffen?

My favourite are all WW1 and WW2 fighters. But the one I like the most is Fw190A. That's why the aircraft is in my siggy.

Great~I like FW190 also. And FW190A5 most.
Do you play the game IL-2? I always fly a FW190A5 in a local server.

Users who are viewing this thread