1/8 Mig-3 But not really. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the reply and interest. My Mac is booting up, so I'll reply while that is going on.

I will get to those rivets. They will be all over the model.

I just wanted to talk a bit about the cockpit. It's my best work. :)

The Cockpit has almost 300 different parts. Scratch built from bits and pieces off all odds and ends. Yes, I have many hours invested in building the cockpit. I started with scale I found on line.

I'll post photos and answer all replies as best I can.

DSCN6674.jpg

DSCN6842.jpg

DSCN6915.jpg

DSCN6977.jpg

DSCN6998.jpg

DSCN7377.jpg

DSCN7416.jpg

Sancer,

cockpit-left-side-grouping.jpg

DSCN6655.jpg

DSCN6666.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit more surface detail on the Mig-3, but not really.

.015 sheet styrene for this raised panel. Template made from art in my CAD program.
DSCN8909.jpg

Looking good although these wheel bay doors were of a little bit different shape.

MiG-3 podwozie.jpg

MiG-3 podwozie1.jpg

MiG-3 podwozie2.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not, yes, I know this.

Couple of things in my defense. :)

The angle that the gear is set at from the wing to the ground is quite severe compaired to that of the actual aircraft, it's not even attached in the same place. I need the radius on the wheel doorat end because the gear wire, .125", has flexibility.

Nice line drawing and thanks for your comment.

Interesting point. I could have that scale line art on the wing bottoms. Hummmmmm.

Am I forgiven because the model is semi scale. :)

From a suggestion offered by a fellow modeler, an illustration actually, I decided to redraw the wheel well door. It is now scale, well, except for an added bit where the landing gear is attached to the wing.

Do these gear doors sequence? That is, the door towards the fuselage closes when the gear is lowered?

I'm not thickhead and I can be told stuff, take criticism and all that. :cry:

Kidding! I'm Kidding! :D

Looks like an improvement to me!

I'll say.

Thanks for that Wurger! It's appreciated. :D

DSCN8915.jpg

Wonderful work done my dear Blacklist. The advice and information source that provides Wojtek is also awesome !!

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

Believe it or not, yes, I know this.

Couple of things in my defense. :)

The angle that the gear is set at from the wing to the ground is quite severe compaired to that of the actual aircraft, it's not even attached in the same place. I need the radius on the wheel doorat end because the gear wire, .125", has flexibility.

Nice line drawing and thanks for your comment.

Interesting point. I could have that scale line art on the wing bottoms. Hummmmmm.

Am I forgiven because the model is semi scale. :)

That's true that flying models need to have the landing gear modified very often in order to protect them against the turnover while landing or taking off. Mostly because of the location of the G center. I have designed and made a couple of them so some of experience was gathered at this filed. But there isn't any reason for making it precisely as much as possible. I think you didt it. The edited parts look great. Well done. :D

.....The advice and information source that provides Wojtek is also awesome !!

Saludos cordiales :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

THX Luis. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back