109 comic. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Performance has nothing to do with it. Put a bullet through that f*cker and it would blow Kurt's square jaw as far as Murmansk!

Perhaps, but no less an ace than Tommy McGuire chose to keep his drop tanks when entering a fight. Yes, he died, but not because the drop tank blew up or anything. Remember, all the IL2s have in the back are little rifle caliber MGs.

- Ivan.

Hey Hitoshi,
nice comic. Send Kurt a Halbkette so they can blew the soviet infantry the sh.. out. Or he get air cover from a Fw 190 ground attack bird.

greest

Thomas

Heard alot of stories where a pilot goes down along the lines, and the opposing sides get into a slugging match trying to get to the pilot(s). That's something they did even back in WWI.

I remember one account, where a Stuka got shot up and landed in "no man's land" on the eastern front, and a Wehrmacht tank rolled out to save the crew from the Soviets...can't recall if it was Rudel and his crewmate or not, but it must have been a hair-raising few minutes.

Now THAT'S a cool story!

I'm not sure about names of pilots involved or the exact time of the event (but I can check out if necessary). However, I'm sure it happened in 1941 when Slovak pilots were flying Avia B.534 biplanes on Eastern front... One Slovak pilot was hit by ground fire and made forced landing in enemy held territory. His wingman landed in vicinity in order to rescue his fellow pilot. Anyway, rescue attempt was successfull and they managed to take off under enemy fire with downed pilot standing on lower wing and holding tightly for wing struts. They flew all the way to their base this way and after landing the downed pilot was in shock and scared to death, but alive.
On another similar occasion downed Slovak airman climbed into the cockpit next to the pilot as they flew to safety...

Rudel did, on a number of occasions, land and save downed Stuka crews by taking them aboard his ship...one time, his Stuka became mired down in the mud during his rescue attempt and they all had to hoof it as the Soviets were closing in on them.

I'll see if I can dig up the details on the Panzer rescue, I keep thinking it was during the battle of Kursk. Don't quote me on that, let me look for the info.

I'm not sure about names of pilots involved or the exact time of the event (but I can check out if necessary). However, I'm sure it happened in 1941 when Slovak pilots were flying Avia B.534 biplanes on Eastern front... One Slovak pilot was hit by ground fire and made forced landing in enemy held territory. His wingman landed in vicinity in order to rescue his fellow pilot. Anyway, rescue attempt was successfull and they managed to take off under enemy fire with downed pilot standing on lower wing and holding tightly for wing struts. They flew all the way to their base this way and after landing the downed pilot was in shock and scared to death, but alive.
On another similar occasion downed Slovak airman climbed into the cockpit next to the pilot as they flew to safety...

They just don't make fighter pilots like that anymore. of course trying that on a Mig-29 might be a little more difficult.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back