2010 Christmas Siggy Competition

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And here is my siggy used last Christmas and A New Year time.

Attachments

• logo1new_1b.gif
    logo1new_1b.gif
    54.2 KB · Views: 123
Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday here and other parts of the world that last 7 day (?) and is before Christmas. I hope thats what you were asking so I don't look like an idiot :oops: :lol:

Hanukkah is a Jewish holiday that lasts 8 days. Its from ancient times when at one point they were being attacked and they only had enough oil and food for a few hours and God made it last for 8 days, enough for them to survive. A lighted candle or menorah is lit every night of the holiday untill all the candles are lit.

I'm a Gentile but my pre-wife is jewish and I've learned this over the years.

Chris, hold off on adding any of mine personnally. I'll submit one sometime this week. Still working in the labratory! Bbbbrrahhahhahha!!

I'm afraid to ask what happens in the laboratory.

That's another word most people from Jersey don't say right! We say Labra-tory and almost every person I've met not from Jersey say

La-bore-a-tory.

Yep, seems to be getting earlier and earlier which annoys me and destroys part of the novelty of it all being only for 1 month a year.

Always have a good laugh at one of the local shops in St Andrews (more of bafflement than anything - along with most of my friends and the student body in general). It is called the Christmas Shop and is somehow still open and running despite the fact Christmas is only for around 1 month in the year, I have no idea (and neither does anyone else in the student body) why it is still open. Then again there are number of strange business ideas which are shops that are in the centre of St Andrews and still manage to attract enough people (bumbling old ladies no doubt) to survive from one year to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back