21st Centuary toys 1/32 kits wtf

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Double post - take cover!!
They're both good, but, for the price, I think I'd have the ICM kit. If you're building a series of models of the same type, I find it's often a good idea to get a reasonable to good kit, and get the expensive one if it's the only one available for that particular Mark/version. It's a bit like my 56 Sqn build and the Hurricane - I could go for Tamigawa, but, in a line-up, the Airfix kit will be just as good.

Cheers mate , this idea of mine only started yesterday/today

You guessed right , the plan is a series of 109's in 48 scale - 32 scale is gonna be WAY too costly and big for the space I have

Will take a while , start collection kits soon . In the end I hope to have 2-3 of each variant in a few different schemes ie BoB , MTO ( E,F and G) and some Russian front schemes

Am I correct in saying Terry that the airfix 109F isn't worth buying?

Yup , I agree mate

I want to get about 2-3 of them , yours turned out great

I'd like to do that scheme , and a winter one along with an airbrushed black '16' ( unlike the horrible one I did for the first GB)

The Airfix '109F in 1/48th was considered 'the business' when first released, Daniel. Even now, it's still a pretty good kit, although the windscreen has the external armour, so needs modifying if doing a 'standard' bird. Also, the canopy is one piece, but the overall quality of the mouldings are quite good, and IIRC, the tropical filter is an optional part in the kit.
However, with the likes of ICM, Hasegawa etc at a similar price, or not that much more, it would probably be better to go with theirs. But of course, if you just want to do, for example, three '109F's in different schemes, then there's not much wrong with the Airfix kit. I'm actually going to use one for a diorama, where the aircraft will only be part of the scene, with closed canopy. The main scene will be the surroundings and small hangar. If I was going to portray the aircraft being serviced say, then I'd use a different kit, with separate flaps, canopy etc.
Basically, the original Airfix 1/48th scale range was very good when released in the late 1970's to early 1980's, at a time when this scale was only really starting to become popular. Since then, production methods have come a long way, and as a result, some older kits are considered to be second-rate, compared to the fine detail of the current offerings. But the older stuff, in many cases, is still worthwhile, especially as they tend to be a lower price, and lots can be done with them.

Thanks for the Info Terry , Wayne will hopefully be helping me out kit wise! Great bugger that he is! :D

btw , I look forward to that diorama!

oh yeah i forgot you did the same kit, should of checked your siggie :oops::rolleyes:

No worries mate! Hell I forget where it is ! ..wait a tick

i have a few 21st Centuary 1/32 kits
the first one i brought was 1:32 scale version of the German Bf. 109F-4 the box said limited edition the plane flown by Obfw. Otto Schultz of JG 27 over Libya, North Africa during 1942 with 51 victorys.
wich is incorrect lol they got the names mixed up they were ment to say Otto Schulz insted of Otto Schultz who was a Hauptmann with 73 victory's with II./JG 51.
next one was a Bf. 109G-6 'Red 8' flown by Oblt. Kurt Gabler III of JG 300 over Juterbog - Waldlager, Germany during 1944.no miss print on this one lol

but 21st Centuary do 1/18 gunther rall herman graf kit its unreal gunther rall sold for $400 on ebay

I've a feeling that their kits have been discontinued Roman. In the UK, very few are left, and then only in non-modelling outlets. I think some of their larger scale, pre-assembled and painted models might still be available, but how to get I don't know. Pity, as the kits could be made into nice models, at a very reasonable price.

I'll have a look around for you Roman, but those ones are extremely unlikely in the UK. I've only ever seen the Bf109G, Ju87, Macchi, Zero and Corsair here, with the Zero and Bf109G being the last to be seen advertised. But you never know.....

i have no problem getting them here all the way up to 1;18 scale.But the company has been brought out by another one. Anyway here's a few of mine i put some real life pics to compare them except for the hellcat never seen a pic with the cat mouth and the markings are not to exact match but still ok for me. and iv airbrushed exhaust smoke on the d9 since the pic was taken.And on the box of my BF-109f it said flown by otto shultz which is incorrect it was Otto Schulz and informed the shopkeeper so i got it cheaper lol

Attachments

• P161209_17.35.JPG
    P161209_17.35.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 76
  • lanow4.jpg
    lanow4.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 78
  • P241209_15.13[02].JPG
    P241209_15.13[02].JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 74
  • FW190-D9-1s.JPG
    FW190-D9-1s.JPG