40 year old murder mystery comes to my town (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
The most notorious child serial killer in California history allegedly buried one of his victims under a freeway offramp, which just happens to be the freeway offramp I use.

MyFox Los Angeles | Police: Boy Killed 40 Years Ago Rests Under Freeway

Los Angeles Police will dig up near two freeway ramps in Ventura County starting Monday in an effort to recover the buried remains of a San Fernando Valley boy killed by a serial murderer 40 years ago.

LAPD officers, aided by dozens of FBI agents and police from other agencies, will excavate where four police dogs have independently indicated that decaying human bones have been buried.

It's amazing that this sleepy little community has become the focal point for this. Who knows what else they may find...

Kind of strange. We have been seeing signs about the offramp and onramp closures for a week or so, suddenly we saw this on the news last night and there was a call from the sheriff's department about it too. The really wild part is that they just finished widening that freeway to three lanes.

Its sad that no one followed on this before...I feel for the parents. I can't even imagine. NOR do I ever want to!

I truly hope this gives them peace.

THis part of the story blew my mind!

"DeWalt noticed that a suspect sketch in that case resembled a photo of Edwards from 1970, and started looking into the files."

So, because this guy recognized the killer's photo this poor boy can be reunited with his parents? That's amazing. It's crazy how stuff like this works! Definitely a sad story, but at least it finally has a ending for the boy's family!

It's amazing that this sleepy little community has become the focal point for this. Who knows what else they may find...
In the light of my, very limited but personal, knowledge of 'cadaver' dogs, I strongly suspect that the remains are unlikely to have been on the site for 40 years. Perhaps your community harbours more than one secret...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back